An exciting opportunity to showcase work from across Malta and celebrate architects and architecture.
Architecture Hub at MARE Summit 2024
An innovative and artistic exhibition space designed to showcase the forefront of architectural excellence and vision. Spanning an expansive 200 square meters, this special area is dedicated to four distinguished companies, each afforded a 50 square meters canvas to express their unique architectural narratives.
The Story Behind the Project: A Tale of Form and Function
At the heart of the Architecture Hub is the concept of “Tell the Story Behind the Project.” This theme invites each participating company to delve beyond traditional architectural displays, offering a more immersive and artistic representation of their groundbreaking projects. The focus is not just on the structures themselves, but the creative journey, the inspiration, and the impact these projects have on Malta’s urban landscape and community.
The companies are encouraged to unleash their creativity in their designated spaces (50sqm), utilizing lights, shapes, textures, colors to create a captivating and sensory experience for visitors. This freedom in design allows each exhibitor to craft a unique environment that truly embodies their architectural ethos and vision.
- Groundbreaking Projects: The Hub will feature pioneering architectural projects that offer a glimpse into the future of Malta’s urban development. These exhibits will highlight innovative design trends, sustainable practices, and the evolving skyline of Malta.
- Engagement and Inspiration: Architects and designers will have the opportunity to present their work, engage with industry peers, and participate in meaningful discussions. The space is designed to foster a collaborative atmosphere where ideas and inspirations can freely flow.
- Interactive Experiences: Visitors will be able to interact with the exhibits, offering a tangible connection to the stories and concepts presented. This interactivity is key to understanding the impact and significance of these architectural feats.
- Interactive Storytelling: Engaging formats that allow visitors to journey through the design process, understanding the interplay of form and function in each project.
The Architecture Hub aims to not only display the brilliance of contemporary architecture but also to ignite conversations about the future of urban planning and design in Malta. It is a space where professionals can network, collaborate, and envision a sustainable and aesthetically rich urban future.
This initiative reflects the MARE Summit’s commitment to leading change, promoting innovation, and fostering a community of professionals dedicated to shaping the built environment in Malta and beyond.
Stage 1: Expression of Interest (EOI) – Deadline 12th of February 2024
Note: Deadline extended as per general request [former deadline 4th of February 2024]
- Call for Entries: An open invitation will be issued to architectural firms, design studios, and related organizations to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI).
- Submission Requirements: The EOI should include a brief overview of the company, a portfolio of past projects, and a preliminary concept note for the proposed exhibit.
- Deadline: All EOIs must be submitted by a specified deadline, ensuring ample time for review.
Stage 2: Proposal Submission – Deadline 29th of March 2024
- Shortlisting: From the EOIs, our team will shortlist companies based on creativity, relevance, commitment, and alignment with the summit’s themes.
- Detailed Proposal Request: Shortlisted companies will be invited to submit a detailed proposal, including design concepts, narratives, and how they plan to utilize the allocated space creatively.
- Supporting Documentation: Proposals should be accompanied by visual aids, conceptual drawings, or digital renderings to illustrate the proposed exhibit.
Stage 3: Announcement and Onboarding – 1st of April 2024
- Selection Announcement: The chosen companies will be announced publicly, highlighting their contributions to architecture and design.
- Onboarding Process: Selected companies will undergo an onboarding process, including detailed briefings on logistics, timelines, and available resources.
Stage 5: Monitoring and Support
- Regular Check-Ins: Regular meetings will be scheduled to monitor progress and offer support.
- Feedback and Guidance: Continuous feedback will be provided to ensure alignment with the summit’s goals and standards.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Special consideration will be given to ensure a diverse representation of firms, including emerging talents and firms with innovative approaches to sustainable design.
- Ethical Compliance: Participants must adhere to ethical standards and demonstrate a commitment to environmental and social responsibility.
Feedback and Guidance: Continuous feedback will be provided to ensure alignment with the summit’s goals and standards.